Image Map

Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Sunday.

I am so grateful for the weekends. The opportunity that they bring with them to re-coop from the previous week. This past week in particular has been crazy. Work was really busy for some reason. Dave was super busy with 3 different exams he was studying for... meaning literally working from 7 am- midnight. It was strange for me because I feel so busy during the day but so lonely and bored at night. I definitely need to find some new hobbies. I did join the local book club in my ward. That should be fun and a good way to get to know other women. 

We went to the UF football game yesterday. Those games are so much fun to go to. Yet so hot and humid and loud. We really did have fun but it was a long afternoon. We went to a friends house later that night to watch the byu vs utah game. I don't really want to talk about the outcome... but we didn't get to bed until 2:30 because of it. Leo woke us up at 6:30 this morning. SIX THIRTY! That equals 4 hours of sleep. Good thing we love him. 

He would not go back to sleep. I woke up and tried to pretend to be awake and pet him while I was trying to fall back asleep at the same time. I thought to myself that there was no way I was going to make it to 9 am church. I was beat. Then I realized. No, I need to go. Just make it to sacrament. Well... as of recently I am a ward missionary. So I get to sit in on the Gospel Principles class and I really love it. So that was the perk to stay the 2nd hour once I had already made it to sacrament (even though I felt like a zombie and the building AC was broken). Relief Society was 3rd hour and really my only chance during the week to get to be around other women of all ages. The lesson was beautiful, it was about a talk from conference by Boyd K. Packer. It was about not letting other distractions take place of all the really good things in life. I loved it. 

Don't forget that after church I had a meeting with all the ward missionaries. Man, by this time I was beat. However, being new to my calling and having no idea what it even entails, I stayed. I truly am excited to be a ward missionary and make more time to bring others to the gospel. I know it is true with all my heart. 

Finally at 1 pm, I thought about going home to nap. Nope. I had scheduled visiting teaching with one of the new women I visit teach. (I was gone all Summer and left my companion alone to teach so I really was excited to get back into it). I went to visit this AMAZING women. Usually visiting teaching lasts about 15-30 minutes. We were there for almost 2 hours. Amazing thing was, I wasn't even tired. She is an incredible woman. A convert to the church about a year and a half ago. She is from Cuba and of course fed us lunch while we were there. She truly taught me more than I taught her today. She is an amazing example and I am so excited to get to know her better. 

I came home afterward to finally take my nap. (Of course Leo was awake and ready to play) I finally laid my head down and I couldn't stop thinking about what my Sunday would have been like if I didn't go to church today. What if I had slept in? Missed the sacrament. Missed the amazing lesson in Gospel Principals about eternal families. Missed the lesson in Relief Society about staying focused on the things that mean the most. And what if I missed the opportunity to meet Merecedes today. 

Let's just say this weekend wasn't really an opportunity to re-coop. It was exhausting. However, I feel so blessed. And I am so grateful for the spirit giving me a kick in the rear this morning and telling me to get to church. I truly love this gospel with all my heart. I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 
 photo signaturesj_zpsc9aa01cb.png

4 comments:

I always love to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...